About the Friends
The Friends of Marlipins Museum is a local amenity society working closely with the museum's owners, the Sussex Archaeological Society, and other relevant groups to ensure that this important and fascinating facility attracts the interest, use and support it deserves.
The Friends come from all over Sussex and from all walks of life. Members include the dedicated volunteers who help in the day-to-day running of the Museum, as well as supporters from local organisations such as the Port of Shoreham.
Set up in 2010, the organisation is working hard to get the Marlipins and its multi-purpose gallery used extensively by local people and organisations.
With your support as a Friend, we can:
- maintain the museum's appearance
- raise funds towards the upkeep and repair of the museum
- put on social gatherings, talks, exhibitions, concerts, children's activities and other events
- provide volunteers to act as custodians to welcome visitors
- assist in the management of each season's exhibitions
- promote the use of the museum's exhibition gallery
Being a Friend is very easy and very inexpensive - see the Join us page of this website.
Marlipins painted by
George Paris c1880